Wonyoung Kim Prints Humaniods
Doctoral Student Wonyoung Kim is printing humanoid robots.
Collaborative R & D
DMI is working with US ARMY ARDEC (Picatinny Arsenal) on several collaborative research projects.
- Micro-Devices laboratory: A MEMS research, design and prototyping facility for High-G, harsh environment applications.
- Wireless control of remote weapons stations: Embedded solutions for long range wireless control and operation of weapons systems. Stevens developed hardware and software required for seamlessly extending input/output, serial and CAN (Control Area Networks) on wireless networks.
- Modeling, simulation and optimization of production systems: DMI is developing plug and play modules for modernizing factories producing discrete components applicable to armaments and ammunition.
- Manufacturing Science and Technologies: Using simulation-based design and optimization, DMI is developing tools and methods that assess and optimize components and sub-assemblies for low cost, high production rates and integrating new materials.
DMI's multi-disciplinary research thrusts and current projects:
- Knowledge-based Design Process Automation
* ACES: Automatic Concurrent Engineering Software
* CONFIG: 3D Nesting and Layout Optimization
* Product Costing Technologies for 3D CAD software
- Engineered Materials and Composites
* Process-Structure-Property Modeling and Characterization
* Long term durability, thermo-oxidation and corrosion prediction
- Multi-Disciplinary Optimization of Design and Processes
* EDOT: Non-linear Local Optimization and Global (GA, SA) Optimization
* Parallel Multi-Disciplinary Optimization Techniques
- Remote Robotic Systems and Control
* Distributed Control over Wireless Networks
* Wireless Messaging Systems for CAN, Serial and remote operations
* Remote robotics operation control stations
* SMART: Sensor Manager for Adaptive Real Time Transmission
- Micro-Scale Device Design and Manufacturing
* MEMS Processing: Class 100 Cleanroom under construction
* MEMS Scale design
* Active Constraint Layer MEMS-Scale Structures
* MEMS Durability and Reliability
- Modeling and Simulation
* Parallel Solutions for Transient Problems
* Coupled Thermo-Chemo-Mechanical Solutions: Residual stresses and
deformations, damage evolutions due to thermo-oxidation ...